raw feeding and satin balls recipe

When we come back from Jinhua Dog show on middle of March, I had been changed BOY's diet to raw feeding and using a recipe called 'sanit balls' to help put weight on him. Some professional handlers who come to that dog show suggestted me try raw feed, they all said BOY is too thin for show dog.
Then I studied information about knowlegde and experience of raw feeding. I found a recipe called 'satin balls' which used to put weight on dog quickly and aslo could use as supplement for help enhance dog's coat.
Satin Balls - Original Recipe (from http://www.heartlandgdr.org/satin_balls.htm)

10 pounds hamburger meat [the cheapest kind] (I mainly use raw beaf and some chicken)
1 lg. box of Total cereal
1 lg. box oatmeal
1 jar of wheat germ
1 1/4 cup veg oil (I use olive oil)
1 1/4 cup of unsulfured molasses (I use honey)
10 raw eggs AND shells (I like to use more little about 3-4 whole eggs)
10 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
pinch of salt
(I don't use salt. I aslo add some peanut and seameal, Probiotics)

Mix all ingredients together
Divide into 10 parts.
Drop into Quart Size Freezer Bags
place the bags in the freezer in a single layer. Feed raw as a meal or supplement.

I feed my BOY 'sanit balls' as his breakfast, and I feed raw chicken (mainly chicken frame) as his dinner.
Now it seem that my BOY is doing well on this menu. His body has been growing out more muscle. His coat is becoming more shining. And his teeth is more clean than before too.
I will change his menu when I think his weight is enough for use 'satin balls' as a supplement feeding.

before feeding raw I tried lots brand of dry dog food, but my Boy seems has some absorb problem and never get enough weight.
This photo was taken at dog show on March.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And there are photo taken on last weekend.
BOY nearly 2 1/2 years old
BOY nearly 2 1/2 years old
BOY nearly 2 1/2 years old

You could see what has been happen on my BOY.

Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for sharing this...there's a remarkable change in his coat!

Good luck at the next shows! :)

Post a Comment